A classic electro percussion synthesis design reborn as something completely different.
We wanted to recreate a classic hihat synthesis design as something new and exciting, so, we took the super electro 808 circuit and transformed it into a powerful creative tool for modular synthesis!
- Analogue hihat circuitry capable of synthesising vanilla TR-808 open and closed hihat sounds (simultaneously)
- External audio input lets you synthesise hihats from virtually any sound source (Jupiter Storm, vcNOIZ, etc.)
- Lo-fidelity original VCAs replaced by OTA-based modern VCAs
- VCA DRIVE control for each hihat allows you to dial in anything from soft metallic hihats to extremely overdriven, crunchy hihats
- Exclusive switch lets you select how the two hihats (open/closed) interact with eachother when triggered at the same time
- Cutoff frequency control for internal resonant bandpass filter
- Resonant filter can be switched on/off
- Modular level mutual accent input (0-5V CV)
- Trigger input accepts almost anything as a trigger signal
- Non-invasive analogue optocouplers used for voltage control, thus, completely vintage sounds can still be had if that's what you're after!
- Completely redesigned, hi-fi signal chain spares no expense by replacing cheap transistor amplifiers with low noise opamp and OTA equivalents
- You can dial in super hot, modular level output levels (up to 20Vp-p!)
AUDIO AND VIDEO DATA
DIY PROJECT DATA
The Mutant Hihats DIY project is available as a partial kit which includes the PCB set, 13HP eurorack panel, and rare parts (3 vactrols and the long pin headers needed to complete the build). THIS IS AN ADVANCED DIY PROJECT AND WILL REQUIRE ASSEMBLY! (The module photo below is of the completed product: not what you will receive!)